What Is a Caretaker For
– What is a caretaker?
– Role of the caregiver
– Who are the people concerned by this help?
– Aid for the employment of a caretaker
– Price of a caregiver
The caretaker allows certain fragile people not to be alone at home.
They contribute to keeping dependent, elderly or sick people at home, which often avoids unwanted placement in specialized facilities.
What is an on-call nurse?
A home care worker provides valuable assistance to frail people who remain at home by looking after their physical comfort and moral well-being. The caretaker can work during the day or at night, as these people are often afraid of becoming ill or falling.
His presence can be permanent or occasional, depending on the patient’s condition. He must be available at all times and is the link between the individual staying at home and the family.
Role of the nurse
The caretaker intervenes in the home of people who are fragile and temporarily or permanently dependent. Their major asset is to allow the individual to remain at home.
The caretaker is very autonomous and will help the person in the realization of the acts of everyday life, namely :
– accompany the person to the toilet;
– help the person to eat and drink;
– using home maintenance equipment adapted to the patient (lift, walker, etc.);
– Reassuring the patient and contributing to a reassuring atmosphere around the patient;
– ensure that the person adopts a correct position for the night;
– protect the person by being very vigilant and reporting any unusual condition.
They do not provide medical care; however, they may assist the person in taking their medication if prescribed by a physician.
The home health care worker often collaborates with doctors, nurses, home care workers, and housekeepers. They must report on their interventions to the family circle of the person concerned.
Who are the people concerned by this assistance?
Dependent, elderly or disabled people prefer to stay at home to keep their bearings.
The home care worker:
– favors home care for the elderly and disabled;
– helps people who need hospitalization at home.
Aids for the employment of a home care worker
The activity of a home care worker allows maintaining fragile people in their homes. Therefore, these people can benefit from various aids.
– The home care service is covered by the old-age insurance fund.
– The home care tax credit can be used:
◦ to facilitate the fitting out of the elderly person’s home or the replacement of equipment ;
◦ the employment of a home-based employee.
Price of a caregiver
It should be noted that the legislation makes the estimate mandatory and free for this specialized service.
It is often third parties who take charge of the payment of the bills (mutual insurance company, pension fund, general councils, communities) by helping families on a case-by-case basis and according to certain conditions :
– the rates vary according to the geographical area
– the level of dependence;
– the resources of the people being helped.
Aid and subsidies are therefore intended to lighten the financial burden of home care.
Hoping you have found this article interesting. Please, remember to leave your comments in the section below.